Birdsfoot Trefoil is a semi-erect, non-bloating perennial legume that grows 2-3′ tall.
Sold by the pound
- Characteristics: Birdsfoot Trefoil has fine, upright stems with prolific canary yellow flowers, and deeply branching roots.
- Establishment: Birdsfoot Trefoil can be planted on a wide variance of soil types with a Ph level of down to 5.5.
- It is extremely important to insure that trefoil seed is inoculated with the proper strain of birdsfoot trefoil inoculant prior to seeding.
- Plant early in the spring in a firm, well prepared seed bed.
- Management: Birdsfoot Trefoil is rather slow to establish, but once it establishes, it competes well with other sod-forming native grasses.
- Planting Rates. (lbs. per acre.) Stand alone 4-6. In mix 2-4